What’s double diaphragm pump?
A air operated double diaphragm pump (also known as a Double-Membrane pump, pneumatic diaphragm pump or air-operated diaphragm pump) is a positive displacement pump that uses a combination of the reciprocating action of a rubber, thermoplastic or teflon / ptfe diaphragm and suitable valves on either side of the diaphragm (check valve, butterfly valves, flap valves, or any other form of shut-off valves) to pump a fluid.
How does Double Diaphragm Pump work?
Diaphragm pumps work by flexing the diaphragm out of the displacement chamber. When the diaphragm moves out, the volume of the pump chamber increases and causes the pressure within the chamber to decrease and draw in fluid. The inward stroke has the opposite effect, decreasing the volume and increasing the pressure of the chamber to move out fluid. This operation is very similar to the draw in, push out, concept of human breathing.
The fluids flow through one-way check valves, ensuring that fluid only flows in the proper direction through the chamber.
Application for Double Diaphragm Pumps
Because diaphragm pumps are so versatile, they are used in virtually every industry that requires fluid transfer. They are often used for dewatering or water removal across many different industries. They are used for filling, dispensing and metering due to their efficiency and accuracy.
They can produce plenty of pressure for spraying and cleaning applications and are often used for filter press applications.
Features of double diaphragm pumps:
- have good suction lift characteristics, some are low pressure pumps with low flow rates; others are capable of higher flow rates, dependent on the effective working diameter of the diaphragm and its stroke length. They can handle sludges and slurries with a relatively high amount of grit and solid content.
- have good dry running characteristics.
- High delivery capacity, light weight, compact size.
- Air valve with double spool
- High quality PTFE membrane in large diameter, generate big volume output and longer lifetime.
- Could be used for paint, chemical, oil, fluid transfer etc.
- can be up to 97% efficient.
- high level of performance and greatly enhance safety
- Could be used for Automotive Furniture Fine Finish Painting to work with W101 air spray gun.
- Low and high manifold with inner diameter enlarged easy for cleaning and inspection.
We offer low pressure double-diaphragm from 3/8” inch to 1” inch, delivery from 13L/min to 180L/min, small to big to meet all your demands.
Configurations of our DP double diaphragm pump:
1. bare pump: pump only
2. standard pump: pump+support table/shelf, inlet/outlet valve assemble, pressure gage, suction tube with filter, prime tube, buffer bottle
3. standard pump + precious fluid regulator
4. standard pump + high cart with wheels
- Related products
- Related posts
what’s Double-diaphragm pump