Cleaning your airless sprayer properly and after every spray job is of the most importance! Proper care and maintenance make your paint sprayer long lifetime and work for you trouble free. Probably half our repair work is due to lack of and/or unsatisfactory cleaning.
These general how-to cleaning instructions apply to most DP (piston pump) airless sprayers as well as many others with slight variations such as filter types and locations as well as brand-named parts.
- Turn power OFF.
- Turn pressure to lowest setting. Trigger spray gun to relieve pressure.
- Turn prime valve down (to open position).
- Remove filter assembly and assemble airless spray gun without filter.
- Remove guard and SwitchTip.
- Clean filter, guard and SwitchTip in flushing fluid (water, paint thinner etc.).
- Remove siphon tube set from paint and place in flushing fluid. Use water for water base paint and mineral spirits for oil base paint.
- If sprayer has a filter, unscrew bowl, remove filter assembly. Assemble bowl without filter. Clean filter.
- Turn power ON and prime valve horizontal (to closed position).
- Hold spray gun against paint pail. Take trigger safety OFF. Trigger gun and increase pressure until flushing fluid appears.
- Move airless gun to flushing pail. Hold spray gun against pail and trigger gun to thoroughly flush system (until flushing fluid runs clear). Release trigger and engage trigger safety.
- Turn prime valve down (open position) and allow flushing fluid to circulate for 1 to 2 minutes to clean drain tube.
- Raise siphon tube above flushing fluid and run sprayer for 15 to 30 seconds to drain fluid. Turn power OFF.
Note: If flushing with water, flush again with mineral spirits or Pump Armor, but do not repeat 8. or 14. This leaves a protective coating in the system to help prevent freezing or corrosion.
- Install filter bowl and filter assembly. Hand tighten filter bowl. Install filter assembly into spray gun. Hand tighten gun handle.
- Wipe sprayer, hose and spray gun with a rag soaked in water or mineral spirits.
- See airless spray gun manual for additional gun cleaning information.
- Related products
- Related posts
Do you know how a diaphragm pump works?
Airless Paint Sprayer Cleaning Guide
Leave your comments
FAQ regarding our business
Q1: What's your MOQ minimum order quantity for formal order?
A: Our MOQ is 10-100 units depends on the model. For small pump or spray guns , the MOQ is 100. and for large capacity pump, the MOQ could be 10. We can accept 1 or 2 units for sample testing order.
Q2: What's your payment terms?
A: We could accept L/C, T/T and Paypal or Western Union, also accept the payment against B/L copy . We can offer credit payment term for our long year cooperated representatives.
Q3: What is the lead time?
A: Sample order: 3-5days, mass production 20-40 days for the formal order.
Q4: Can we put our logo on your products? Is there extra charge for it?
A: Yes, we accept the OEM order based on the order quantity. The color box package need extra cost for less container order.
Q5: What's your warranty?
A: our warranty is 12months limited warranty except the easily worn parts. and for the motor we offer 2 years warranty.
Q6. Which port do you ship your machines?
A: We ship from Ningbo port China. for the FOB price, we will bear the local freight charge and the forwarder fee / customs fee, and all the shipping cost / insurance cost / forwarder cost at destination port / import duty tax ... all will be beared by the buyer (or importer).
Q7. how can i buy your products?
A: if you're final user, please leave your mobile phone number to us, and we will ask our distributor / dealer to call you directly. if you want to be our distributor or representative, welcome to contact us by email or whatsapp. we can talk more details one by one, we're sure you would be satisfied with our quality / service and price.